Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Chapter 3

"Kid, we can't have you in our soccer team," the coach declared."How about being a substitute for the team?"

George face lit up. At least, he could be in the team. " Thank you, Sir. My mane is George. Can I start training now? " George questioned eagerly. He was overjoyed, he was part of the team now!

" Kid, you don't have proper attire and shoes, you can't play now,'' the coach said. George ran home to tell his father the good news, but he had forgotten something. His family was not rich, in fact, they were very poor.

George was very troubled over this. "It has been my dream to be a soccer player, but...'' George muttered. Just then, his father and sister came home.

"Dad, I...erm,'' I mumbled. " The soccer coach had agreed to let me be in the soccer team.''

"Wow, Dad is proud of you! Are you a defender, attacker or goal keeper?" George's father questioned eagerly.

"Listen Dad, I am just a...substitute, but I will also have training together with the players.'' George said. "Plus, I also need soccer attire and shoes.

His father's face fell. But at least, he was part of the team. "A substitute? That is also not bad!" George's father said aloud. " I will buy you the soccer materials tomorrow."

"Really, Dad? Thank you! You are the best!'' George exclaimed. ''I need to go out for a moment, I will be back before dinner."

George skipped to the playground where he would meet Lenny everyday. George lied on the slide as he waited for Lenny.

Again, the memories of his mother flashed through his mind. His mother died when giving birth to him. Nobody blamed him, but George knew he was the cause for his mother's death. George tried to picture his mother, he had never ever see his mother before. His father burned every picture and documents of his mother. His father did not want George to have any memories and thus misses her.

Suddenly, George heard shouts coming from the field. The shouts were very familiar, but George could not recall to whom the voices belonged to.


Just who do the voices belong to?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home